Friday, September 18, 2009

Waiting for Godagent...

Well, I've hit the four-week mark on the original bunch of 18 queries I sent out 8/21, of which 10 have garnered no response. Only three of those 10 promise an answer by now -- one in all cases, and two only if positive. I guess I'm not ready to officially write those two off just yet since we all know deadlines in the agenting world are, uh, flexible. With some 28 queries still out there, though, I feel I shouldn't query anymore for awhile. Too bad, because I've sort of grown accustomed to firing one or two or three off each week.

Now all I can do is sit and wait. It's pretty awful.

3 comments:

  1. "flexible" deadlines for agents is the understatement of the year. However, I don't want to imagine how many queries they must get to go through. There can only be so many before they go: "Fuck it! If I read anymore, my corneas are likely to bleed".

    I'm just guessing though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should continue to send at least one or two more every week, if you have that many reputable contacts. Then, save the list for me to borrow when I'm ready to query! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amber. Go for it! But you may have to start a spreadsheet to keep track of them all:)

    ReplyDelete