Friday, October 30, 2009

And the Award Goes To...




Welcome to the first annual Big Litowski Golden Pin Awards! Following in the footsteps of Tina Lynn at Sweet Niblets, I've decided some of my Followers and regular readers deserve some special recognition. Here, in no particular order, are the winners!

The Firstest With the Mostest Golden Pin goes to
Abby for being the first to find, comment on, and become a Follower of The Big Lit, making my day, something she still does regularly with her insightful commentary.

The Thoroughbred Golden Pin goes to
Amber, the Louisville Filly, who always cheers me up with her humor and sensibility.

The Intellectual Soul-Mate Golden Pin goes to
David, our UK ally in the query wars, for elucidating so well the tribulations of the writer's life.

The Are You Experienced? Golden Pin goes to
Jennifer for loving Hendrix and for her always empathetic notes.

The Inspiration Golden Pin goes to
Tina Lynn. This is really a three-fer: (1) for inspiring me to give out these awards; (2) for inspiring me to name 17 Things You Don't Know About Me (coming soon to a blog post near you!) and (3) for having the nicest damn smile ever!

The Best Blog Handle Golden Pin goes to
Too Cute to be Very Interesting. This is self-explanatory.

The Miss Snark Lives Golden Pin goes to
Dawn because she never fails to crack me up with her wicked sense of humor. Also, her blog has an adults-only disclaimer. I mean, fuckin'-A, Dawn!

The Voice of Reason Golden Pin goes to
Jm Diaz for always grounding me in reality when I need it the most.

The Wise Owl Golden Pin goes to
Steve for his infrequent, but invariably sage, advice and counsel.

The Best Blog Name Golden Pin goes to
Literary Cowgirl. I mean, "Horse Shit, Stilletos and Rosin." You gotta love it. She should also get some kind of award for most interesting background: infantry soldier, bronc rider, pipeline worker, survival instructor, writer...!

The Fellow Fed Golden Pin goes to
Lt. Cccyxx because he understands what it means to be inside the belly of the Beast. He should also get an Honorable Mention for his blog handle, though I can't figure out how to pronounce it.

Thanks, guys -- I love having you along for the ride.

9 comments:

  1. Awww...

    You like me, you really like me. I would give an acceptance speech, but I'm afraid Kanye would come and steal my thunder! I shall wear it wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I won? I really won? Wait...where's my damn golden pin? Is it big enough to wear on my lapel?

    *takes a bow* thank you, thank you, I would like to thank the following people for their unwavering support...

    Miss Snark, for teaching me everything I know, hate, love and want to kill.

    Travener, for recongizing this country girl's devotion to fellow artists.

    and last but not least...

    AT&T, without them I would have no internet and therefore would be unable to be here today.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "HuHumm: is the microphone on? I would like to...er, I wish to.... "Get on with it".... thank Travener for this award, the golden pin; my first award for a long time. It'll be proudly displayed next to my Cycling Proficiency Certificate.

    "I must also thank my future agent (you know who you are....as if) as well as my future publisher, the brave soul who will believe in my fossilized belief. Also my dog, without whose constant whining to be taken for a walk, I'd never get any air at all. And finally, to all my companions, those potentially published authors waiting in the wings, may I say never give up until you give up." "Get him off"

    Seriously Travener, that's appreciated, thank you! We can all tread the road together, for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You like me! You really like me!! (now if we could the both of us convince agents to like us, or at least our work, we'd been in good.)

    Seriously though, thanks. I really do appreciate your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you!! It is an honor, T. Yours is a blog I love to visit, so it is my pleasure to share my thoughts and cheer you on. ;-)

    Remember me when you're famous!

    Cheers,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had known I was helpful, I'd've come around more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a face like a grumpy garden gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Shame on me. I've been neglecting my blog lately and just caught this today. I feel very honoured. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete