Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Query's 100 Percent Success Rate!

As I mentioned in an update in the comments to the previous post, I snapped off Query Letter Version 4.0 last night to an agent with a reputation for quick responses. I woke up this morning to a request for a partial. So -- woohoo! Version 4.0 is working...so far!

UPDATE: Of course, now I'm afraid to look at my e-mail, terrified he'll take one look at my first few pages, say, "What load of crap is this?" and reject me. (How's that for self-confidence?) I want this heady feeling to last at least a couple of days.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Let's hope the hit percentage for Query 4.0 remains high even as the sample size increases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's the best feeling ever. Congrats! I need to find some of those fast-responders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!!! Good luck with this partial and be sure to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I'd pass on his name but he doesn't handle YA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Trav. I am so glad to hear your good news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great BLOG! I feel like I'm at about the same point as you are with the query business. A bit of company helps ease the pain/anxiety. Keep knockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet niblets! That's fast! I'm glad you were adept in spotting the difference in response times/responses. Sounds like version 4.0 is better. Keep us posted. And don't be afraid of the inbox. We're all waiting on pins and needles.

    ReplyDelete