Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Query a Day Keeps the Nuthouse at Bay...

I couldn't stand it. I had the query heebie-jeebies, that antsy feeling that comes when you're not flinging queries into the void and just checking your e-mail a hundred times a day to see if something, anything, anything at fucking all, has arrived.... So I broke my resolve not to query more for awhile and fired a single salvo -- to California this time, my first non-NY agent target.

I'm good for now, but I'm an addict. A query addict. I need rehab.

Anybody got the address of Queryholics Anonymous?

UPDATE: Well, this is...interesting. Not fifteen minutes after I sent the above-mentioned query, a form rejection came screaming in from another agency. It's as if I prodded the cyberbeast into action. Hmm...

5 comments:

  1. Um, if you need something to fill up your inbox, just comment on blogs and opt to have the follow up comments emailed your way. That's what I do.

    It makes me feel like I have beaucoup amigos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only desperate for e-mails from agents, Amber. Otherwise I do have a life...sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hear you. I've been itching for the responses too. I use a separate e-mail address for sending them to so when I get no responses, I get NOTHING. LOL The scary thing is, I may start querying novel #2 soon. I can imagine the fun then.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had something worth querying for, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could help you with your addiction, but I have the same disease.

    ReplyDelete