Friday, October 2, 2009

Start Working on Your Next Book!

That's the advice a lot of agents give you about what to do with your time as you wait for the rejections to flow in -- get started on that next book of yours.

Well...it took me, uhm, decades to finally write a book that I consider publishable. As much as I like to think I have another in me -- and I do have a really vague idea for a sequel -- I just don't know if I can stand the idea of writing another 90,000-100,000 words completely on spec.

How does my huge stable of readers feel about this?

10 comments:

  1. I say write. It doesn't have to be a book. Write a short story...a novella. Just write. One thing agents want to hear is that you are not going to be a one hit wonder. They want someone that will continue to produce. I hear they like about a book a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should write. Your blog posts are so enjoyable and cleverly crafted, I'm sure you've got another novel in you. I loved "One Month In." I wondered if you had to plan that one out for a while or if it just all came together perfectly. In any event, your writing's great. I think you should do more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, fine, let's make it an official WIP:

    Working Title: Cougarville
    Genre: Mystery/Suspense (sequel)
    Known Characters: 2 (from prequel)
    Scenes Plotted: 0
    Ideas for Scenes: 0
    Words (including title): 1

    Now I feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! So based on your tital its either a mystery/suspense set in the heart of Eastern Washington, or its main character is a heart stopping vixen with a taste for men half her age. Either way, you've got a start!

    ReplyDelete