Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye, 2009 - And Good Riddance

Yes, I completed my novel. And the kids remained healthy and happy. Other than that, 2009 goes down as the worst year since 1980, when my girlfriend was killed by a drunk driver, and 1983, when another girlfriend broke my heart into teensy-weensy tiny shards, stitched it back together, and broke it once again with piercing finality. TMI? Screw it, it's Thursday.

2009? A recession-wracked financial train wreck, Travener's life savings flitting out the door like so much laundry lint. A maddening search for an agent. Stress, worry, gloom.

So, 2009 -- fuck off and die.

2010's gonna be the year.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good frakkin' riddance, 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya' brother. I've been there. In fact, I am there. Screw you 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is hoping for a successful and happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to Thursday. 2010 is going to be your year, Travener.

    Happy This-Year's-Over-In-Five-Hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So mutha-smurfin right! Smurf off 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last decade sucked in its entirety. So, yes, here's to 2010!!

    And new blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resolutions in 2010? For mine I'm channeling Dory from Finding Nemo:

    Just keep writing, just keep writing...

    ReplyDelete