Monday, December 7, 2009

Tag, I'm It

OK, so Amber "tagged" me, which means I gotta answer the questions below. In turn, I'm gonna tag Jenn and Too Cute so now they gotta do the same. If they want.

What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
Last thing: my novel. I still have an Ali Baba-type story I wrote in third grade lying around some place.
Write poetry?
Not since high school.
Angsty poetry?
See above.
Favorite genre of writing?
That I write (suspense, thriller) or that I read? I'm a very eclectic reader of commercial and literary fiction.
Most annoying character you've ever created?
All my characters are endearing. I'm the annoying one.
Best plot you've ever created?
The one in my novel. The latest one, I mean.
Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
The last two paragraphs of my novel. You don't see it coming.
How often do you get writer's block?
For years at a time.
Do you type or write by hand?
Type. I don't have the patience to write longhand.
Do you save everything you write?
Alas, yes.
Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abadoned it?
No. Once you're dead to me, you're dead to me.
What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
My novel. The latest one, I mean.
What's everyone else's favorite story that you've written?
I have no idea.
Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
No.
What's you favorite setting for your characters?
Whatever.
How many writing projects are you working on right now?
One, sort of.
Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Only in my imagination.
What are your five favorite words?
"Lie back and enjoy this." (Heard only in my imagination.)
What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Many -- but not in anything I ever finished. Perhaps a lesson in that.
Where do you get ideas for your characters?
Life, movies, images in my head.
Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Other than my dream of getting published, no.
Do you favor happy endings?
Yes, but with some ambiguity.
Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
No. I have always been able to write well. Whether I can write fiction well is another question.
Does music help you write?
No.
Quote something you've written. Whatever pops into your head.
"His touch was electric."

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it. I must say I had my doubts that you would complete the survey.

    "Lie back and enjoy this." LMAO, srsly. OMG! ROTF.

    Sorry, I got started and couldn't stop. TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But there's nothing about women's breasts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber - I'd never want to disappoint you, doll. BTW, I notice your intials spell "A.T.M." Anyone ever call you "Cash Machine"?

    Tina - I can talk boobies all day, but I didn't see an appropriate question to open that door...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five favorite words = Awesome!

    ReplyDelete