Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Woo. A Hoo.

That's a deliberately subdued woohoo! up there for the full request I got this morning. One thing I've learned, if nothing else, is to assume it's gonna be followed by a form rejection. That's a crappy attitude, I know, especially as I've started 2010 afresh. But I think it's better to assume the worst. That's what I assumed when I saw the e-mail answering my query, so the positive response it actually contained was a pleasant surprise.

QUICK UPDATE: I got an acknowledgment from her that she had received the ms. not 20 minutes after sending it. So far, this woman's been a pleasure to deal with.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations! Here's hoping you're the one to break out of the rut so many of us are in. I think you'll inspire me to get a few more queries out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! There are the good vibes for 2010 you were hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really good news; fingers crossed for you, Travener. Sincerely hope it works out for you.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's freaking awesome, Trav. And that's subdued, what I really meant was, "THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME, TRAV!" I'm so, so excited for you. Don't forget us little people:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! What a great way to start the new year. And now I know what I have to do....get my ms back out there. The last time I got a rejection on a full I crashed for a year. It's so deflating. (But I also needed to lower the word count and that's taken me all of 2009.) So onwards and upwards and here's to you (Stroh's raised) and everyone else who refuses to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. doin' the carlton dance on your behalf.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! Hooray! This is your excitement, done for you. You stay subdued and adjust your expectations, but I'm going to shout for you.

    ReplyDelete