Friday, March 5, 2010

Misery Loves Company

First Matt over at Pensive Sarcarm said "sharing Travener's misery" makes him happy, then Kara over at Moomurs said "Travener is hilarious, even if he's not happy."

So this got me to thinking: Am I unhappy? Am I miserable?

Well, yes and no. I am unhappy and depressed about some things, not all of them having to do with my well-documented, frustrating AgentQuest (TM): money, sex, optimism (too little, rare as steak tartare, elusive) and weight, blood pressure, stress (too much, too high, way too fucking much).

But my discontents do not rise to the level of misery, which I hereby nominate as the subject for one of Sierra's Word Up Wednesday webinars. I am not even clinically depressed (been there, done that) -- just garden-variety bummed out.

To prove it, I'm going to list ten things that make me happy even now.

1. My kids. Most of the time.

2. The Big Bang Theory. Penny! Penny! Penny!

3. That I still have my father, aged 88, around. My brother is another story.

4. My friend Roland. I've known the guy forever and he still makes me laugh every time we talk.

5. My blogger buddies and Followers. It's nice to be able to vent to people who get it.

6. Clear, sunny days. Ain't nothing prettier than snow-draped Mt. Rainier on a day like today.

7. The smell of freshly baked bread. It's hard to beat a French patisserie.

8. Hummingbirds. They're the dangedest things.

9. Did I mention my kids? They crack me up.

And, of course,

10. Boobies. As I recall.

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm...Penny. Mmmm...boobies. Mmmhmmhmm...Penny's boobies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with Penny! I asked the husband who he thought the hottest celebs were...his top 3 were Charlize Theron (#1, yes, she is hot), Megan Fox (#2 again, hot), and Penny from The Big Bang Theory (#3 WTF?).

    Boobies and bread are rad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course boobies! Glad you can still think of some good things, Travener. That's what keeps us going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want misery, you got it.

    (As a Word Up, that is.)

    Nothin' wrong with boobies either.

    And I LUUUUUURVE freshly baked bread, it is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course we knew you were only bummed not depressed. And certainly not miserable. It's sunny today here too and my folks are 89. What's not to love? It's Friday and I'm about to pop open a brewski. Life is good and pretty soon an agent will find us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boobies is pretty high in my list too. Hummingbirds? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Bang Theory is the SHIT! Sheldon = <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely laughed when I read Matt's post about how miserable you are. I mean, because it was kind of funny.

    I must say, I'm a Leonard fan. But, Penny is pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found your blog by way of your comment at Fiction Groupie. Nice to meet you!

    The Big Bang Theory cracks me up!

    I look forward to reading more from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome, Nicole. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete