First Matt over at Pensive Sarcarm said "sharing Travener's misery" makes him happy, then Kara over at Moomurs said "Travener is hilarious, even if he's not happy."
So this got me to thinking: Am I unhappy? Am I miserable?
Well, yes and no. I am unhappy and depressed about some things, not all of them having to do with my well-documented, frustrating AgentQuest (TM): money, sex, optimism (too little, rare as steak tartare, elusive) and weight, blood pressure, stress (too much, too high, way too fucking much).
But my discontents do not rise to the level of misery, which I hereby nominate as the subject for one of Sierra's Word Up Wednesday webinars. I am not even clinically depressed (been there, done that) -- just garden-variety bummed out.
To prove it, I'm going to list ten things that make me happy even now.
1. My kids. Most of the time.
2. The Big Bang Theory. Penny! Penny! Penny!
3. That I still have my father, aged 88, around. My brother is another story.
4. My friend Roland. I've known the guy forever and he still makes me laugh every time we talk.
5. My blogger buddies and Followers. It's nice to be able to vent to people who get it.
6. Clear, sunny days. Ain't nothing prettier than snow-draped Mt. Rainier on a day like today.
7. The smell of freshly baked bread. It's hard to beat a French patisserie.
8. Hummingbirds. They're the dangedest things.
9. Did I mention my kids? They crack me up.
And, of course,
10. Boobies. As I recall.