Friday, March 26, 2010

WTF Is 'Whuck'?

If you watched 30 Rock last night, you'll have noticed that Tina Fey exclaimed "Whuck?" on finding out her ex-boyfriend was on the Today Show announcing his engagement to an aerobics instructor.  According to Fey in this month's Esquire (which I continue to receive monthly though I have never once paid for a subscription), she's hoping "whuck" will be adopted into the vernacular as verbal shorthand for "what the fuck."

Spread the word.  Literally.  (I still intend to use the inimitable WTF in writing.)

8 comments:

  1. Nah, I much prefer spelling out the acronym. "Double-you, tee, eff?!?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer saying what the fuck but since that makes me vulgar, whuck works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lt. - In that case you have to go whole USN hog and say, "WTF, over?"

    Sierra - You may swear, but you will nevefr be vulgar, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF is still my first choice. Sorry to Tina! My girlfriends and I say, "It was a WTF moment!" quite frequently these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whuck and WTF both work for me. Better yet, just say the acronym: "dubbleya' tee eych?"
    Thats not retarded, at all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That so wouldn't work for WTH. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete