Monday, April 12, 2010

Busy as a Beaver With a Deadline

In addition to all the usual crap related to kids and their activities, house-husband chores and regular husband chores, I've added writing freelance for one of those online community things.  The pay's a pittance so speed and volume are key, but we are desperate enough for moolah around here that I gotta do it.  Still waiting on suggested edits from the nice agent lady; I guess if I don't get a Fedex by Wednesday I'll have to risk sounding like a whiny writer and e-mail her to see what's up.

8 comments:

  1. Who are you writing for? I ask only because I am doing the same damn thing.

    Hope you hear form agent lady soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your beaver teeth hold up. Don't be afraid to dust off those fishnets if things get really tight. Then you can write about that experience. I would most definitely pay good money to read about a writer struggling to balance the demands of his art and his man-whoring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My head hurts just thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing freelance, wowee, go you! And yea, I'd bug the nice agent lady too...you never know when they've forgotten about you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. tried to comment. internet ate it. am too pissed at internet to rewrite.

    at least you know i was thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've thought about the freelance thing. At least it would be something I enjoy doing vs. airport and obnoxious people taking up my time. The agent is probably just swamped and taking her time getting back with you because she really loves your book and wants to get it right the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will we be able to read who you are writing for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice agent lady better get on the ball... Good luck there..

    ReplyDelete