Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove

I got seriously off-kilter some time after the holidays (Christmas, not President's Day), allowing the regularly scheduled maintenance of my aging body (exercise, daily intake of vitamins, Dark Green Leafy Vegetable and High Fiber Heart Healthy V-8 juice) to slide, as well as putting off, faking out, and generally evading my responsibility to write, rewrite, think about/take notes on next project.

So I am trying to get back on track from the siding where I have sat, immobile, boiler unstoked, for lo these past few months.

I do this as I am still awaiting the arrival of revision suggestions from the nice agent lady.  I'm eager to get started but want to revise what she wants me to revise, not what I think she wants me to revise, ya know?  My last partial submission just got form-dissed.  A few February queries saw their rejections flitter in over the past couple of days.  The deal I have with the nice agent lady is that I won't send out any new queries while we're working together, though I can respond to outstanding queries, sending out partials, fulls, or even accepting offers of representation (I should be so lucky).  Since my big batch of January queries remains mostly unanswered, this doesn't seem likely to happen.

So...  I'm going to try to get back on schedule which means, unfortunately, I now have to close up so I can go down to the basement, get on the stationary bike, and pedal for an hour.

7 comments:

  1. Well at least you have a nice agent lady who wants to work with you. That is HUGE! And it seems like you've forged a very reasonable pact.

    Onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me thinks it pertie cool you have a nice agent lady...
    But get your ass back to writing, sire!

    ;) best of luck there.. pedal-er?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. So cool that you are working with this lovely agent. And, I like the calm you seem to have adopted. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're writing, Travener.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snark. Whatever will I do for the rest of the day. I must wander around in search of snark. *headdesk*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a thought I'll run by you. In the "Killing 2 Birds With 1 Big Lazy Stone" dept: bicycle-powered computer.

    Genius, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Understandable you've been distracted given the agent's interest. Good luck getting back to writing and (almost as important)exercise.

    ReplyDelete