Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Meaning of 'Pre-Offer' Revisions. Or, Perhaps, the Revised Meaning of 'Pre-Offer.'

The QueryTracker Blog has an interesting snippet-interview with agent Joan Paquette on why agents ask for, and what they expect from, "pre-offer" revisions here.  I took a personal interest in it, as those of you who've been following my dance with the nice agent lady will understand, but I think any would-be author would find it interesting.

I've finished a new scene as part of my revisions but am still awaiting the box o' suggestions from the nice agent lady.  It was supposed to be here last week...or even the week before (I lose track).  I am trying not to freak out about that.  I've got plenty of other stuff to freak out about now.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting and useful post, Travener. Thanks for the link.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Maybe you should follow up with the revising agent lady? Perhaps the e-mail got lost somewhere? I don't think it would hurt, but then again, what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this link. Agent Joan Paquette touched on a very important point. When you revise you must check your entire ms. for the domino effect. That's why it's so time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer - What do you mean, "What do I know?" You have an agent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The domino effect makes me a bit crazy. I'm revising my book (for what I hope will be the last time), and really wanted to condense time a little, but the domino effect would create more problems than it would solve, so it's not worth it. I've read my book so many times, but I have to keep re-reading it after each round of revisions to make sure everything fits. Sigh. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete