Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Onward and Upward

Well, I still don't know WTF's going on with the nice agent lady, but at least I've started up a new WIP -- "started up" in this case meaning making notes and beginning to come up with characters and plot points, always the hard part for me.  It is not a sequel to the ms. currently being considered by lost under the desk of the nice agent lady.  No way I'm writing a sequel unless the prequel finds a publisher.  And, working like a dog -- a big, slobbery dog like a Newfoundland -- I'm bringing in some bucks with the online gig, staving off the poorhouse for the moment.  Now if spring would just finally get here and stay awhile.  Jesus, there was frost here the other day.  This is the Northwest, not the fucking Northern Plains.  That kind of crap just shouldn't be happening here in May.

7 comments:

  1. Jeez. It's 80 degrees here. It's like the east and west coasts are different continents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad to hear you're writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me an hour and a half to get home from Seattle yesterday. Normally takes 25 minutes. It was almost certainly due to the snowstorm I drove through. The weatherman says it was hail, but I was in it and I say it was snow. MAY 4th, people!!! MAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're starting work on a new MS. Did you email the nice agent lady?

    It was nice here today (upper midwest), but a cold front is moving in. That's OK. My spinach will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on ya for starting the new MS. Sometimes you just have to say WTF and get on with things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Get to writing. That will be a good distraction from life in general. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on starting something new. Going crazy over a new project always makes me feel better.:)

    ReplyDelete