Sunday, July 25, 2010

As Demanded By Amber

Ms. Amber Tidd Murphy has demanded the following information, which I am happy to supply.

What have you just read?
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
What are you reading now?
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway.  I'm on a bit of a 20th century classic streak, it seems.
Do you have any idea what you'll read when you're done with that?
No.
What's the worst thing you were ever forced to read?
Silas Marner. BOR-ing.
What one book do you always recommend to just about anyone?
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce.
Do you read books while you eat?
Does snacking count?
While you bathe?
Yes. A sublime pleasure.
While you watch movies or TV?
No to the first, yes to the second--all the time.
While you're on the computer?
No.
When you were little did other children tease you about your reading habits?
No.
What's the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn't put it down?
Don't remember.  Snow Falling on Cedars, perhaps.  That was awfully good.
Have any books made you cry?
No.  Movies make me cry sometimes, though.

3 comments:

  1. I like this. Thanks for answering. I love reading answers to these questions. I'll be posting mine soon, too. Surprised about Snow Falling on Cedars. But then, I haven't read it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Travener, long time, no...read! Hope you're well. Interesting choices!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the blog post titles of my blog-friends feature MY name.

    Gah. I'm such an attention-whore.

    Would you be shocked to know I've never read James Joyce? (Don't judge, don't judge. I'm on it!)

    Thanks for answering, you big movie-cry-baby.

    ReplyDelete