Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Query Bomb

Kaboom!

I'm letting fly a query bomb of nuclear proportions today, sending out 25 into the inky depths of the Mephistophelian darkness known as Agentland.

Tomorrow I may re-query every agent I didn't hear back from the last time around, just for the devilish hell of it, unless they specifically say that "no response means no."  The way I look at it, half have moved on, they all might have new assistants, they aren't likely to remember my query from last year and, WTF, who cares if they do remember--all they can do is say no (or be silent again).

So, AgentQuest(TM) is on again!

UPDATE: It took less than an hour for the first rejection to come in: thank you, Uwe Stender at TriadaUS.

7 comments:

  1. Amen brother! I'm planning the same kind of assault on non-responders.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your re-querying! I once re-wrote an agent and said some nice polite, "perhaps you didn't receive my letter" type thing and never got a response to that either!

    But I'm over it now.... sort of

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! I'll be launching my own query bomb as soon as I've convinced myself that my first chapter has been sufficiently improved. And I like the idea of hitting up some of the non-responders again. It's not like there's anything to lose....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Travener. You never know what will happen this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? I queried one agent and had no response (and she's a no response means no agent). I followed her on Twitter for a while, then requeried her 6 weeks later letting her know that I was specifically interested in partnering with an agent who enjoys saying "fuck" as much as I do.

    Two hours later: 50 page request.

    I guess there really *is* something to be said for personalizing your query.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to be on that road this year myself. Good luck :)! Thanks for stopping in, BTW!

    ReplyDelete