Wednesday, October 6, 2010

QueryBomb Duds

A couple of form rejections have sashayed into the in-box in the last week, but nearly three-quarters of QueryBomb(TM) inquiries remain unresponded-to orphans.  This has bothered me from day one of AgentQuest(TM).  I just don't understand why it's so hard for some agents to set up a form-rejection macro.  Hell, I don't know anything about computers but even I could do that.

I have absolutely no other news of note, except that last week, my 11-year-old but precocious daughter, speaking of her attributes, declaimed, "Yeah, I'm the complete package."  I almost crashed the car I was laughing so hard.

8 comments:

  1. Kids say the darndest things. And-UGH!-I hate that whole no response means no thing. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What date did you detonate QueryBomb(tm)? That matters.

    I like these QB (tm) updates from you, please keep them coming. It's fascinating to see the statistics for you. 40 unanswered seems like a lot, so I would not count those as a "no." Just a "haven't gotten to them yet."

    Love and horrified by what your daughter said in equal measures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra, QB was set off about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think forming an unpublished writers union could help improve working conditions? Nah. Me neither.

    Ha! The complete package. I hope she maintains that same self-confidence for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the r's and non responders. I truly don't understand the no response thing either. Ugh. As for your daughter - that is downright hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know who else sucks? Non-responsive beta readers. Not to hijack your post, but why would someone who's also trying to make it as a writer leave you hanging. If you don't like it, or you didn't actually read it, just say so.

    Sorry, back on topic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm baffled by the non-responders as well. I know everyone is busy, but like you said, set up an easy auto-response. I have a few still floating out there too.

    Good luck with QueryBomb!

    ReplyDelete