Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Query Bomb II: The Partial

QB-II is off to a good start, with a request for a partial the day after.  The request was so enthusiastic, actually, that I was afraid I'd queried a scam artist, so I re-checked my research and, no, she's a for-real agent with loads of experience.  I don't pay much attention to that enthusiasm crap -- not until after she's read it.

UPDATE: She read it, says it reads well, I'll have some takers, but it ain't for her. Hard to articulate why, she said.  Somethin' about voice.  Sigh.  Well, she goes on the list of top 10 agents for being responsive, personal and quick.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the partial request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you gotta appreciate the rapidity of her response. At least she didn't leave you in months-long limbo, only to reply it wasn't for her. It's still disappointing though.

    Can something be disappointing and encouraging at the same time? 'Cause I'd say that response definitely was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the no-taker :(

    did you already QB the agents she listed? or did she pull them off your blog that time you listed good agents who respond? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least she didn't suggest you rewrite in a new voice and then later tell you it still isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the R but wow on the compliments and responsiveness. Keep truckin...

    ReplyDelete