Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello? 2010? Fuck off!

That's really all I've got to say on the subject.  I thought 2009 was tough; this last year practically killed me.  I'm just about at the end of my rope.  I am nearly ropeless.  I am tired of being poor, of looking over my shoulder every damn day to see if I can pay the bills, feed the family, buy my kids a fucking ice cream cone.  I used to make a hundred and thirty-five fucking thousand dollars a year!  How did this happen?  Oh, yeah, I thought I'd retire early to write, trusting in the spousal unit to bring home some money.  And she chose to go into real estate.  In December 2007.  It seems funny in an oddly self-immolizing sort of way.  Maybe I'll laugh at it some day.

Plus there was that whole "Nice Agent Lady" fiasco.

So, 2010, go fuck yourself. Far ti fotere. Va te faire foutre. Chinga tu madre. Yebat' tvoyoo mat'.

8 comments:

  1. I hope, genuinely, that 2011 is a much better year for you - with respect to writing and all else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Travener! Even if you are forever a penniless foul-mouth. In fact, I'm penniless and foul-mouthed, too, so DAMN it... we're like, practically soulmates. HOW THE FUCK AM I GOING TO AFFORD THIS BABY I MADE?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to 2011! I gave 2010 a nice swift kick in the ass myself.:) Something has gotta give this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it happens, as of 12/31/10 now I am penniless as well. But not as foul mouthed as you. That's why I come read your blog :)

    I can't believe you left such a high paying job.

    But, keep doing what you're doing. You must.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hǔ, kè suì. Gun ni ma de dan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been through the mill. If it's any consolation, you've had a lot of requests and I believe it's only a matter of some more time before you hook an agent. Obviously the money issues make things so much more urgent and awful.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, now I know how to say "fuck off" in several more languages! Thank you for that. And here's hoping 2011 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trav, man. Don't be using the f-bomb in your blog post titles. I have you listed as one of my featured blogs and I try to keep it family-friendly over there on my site. Sheesh.

    But as for the sentiment...Yeah. 2011 better step up and make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete