Thursday, December 2, 2010

Query Bomb Full Request No. 4

Query Bomb(tm) II brought in a request for a full today.  It's a double-plus-good request, since the query was accompanied by the first 50 pages.  If they liked that, maybe they'll like the rest....  I'm not super-crazy about the agency, which seems a little light in the mystery-thriller experience, but I'm focusing on the positive here -- for once.

UPDATE: Well, no sooner had I written this and picked up my son from school than I arrived to find a rejection of an earlier partial: "Despite wonderfully descriptive and strong writing," the agent "didn't quite fall in love with the story and characters." Or so she says.  So things have kind of evened out, I guess.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! And hey, there must be a correlation between your talking cr*p about agents and them requesting stuff. So, go ahead and talk some more cr*p about agents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The first 50 pages are a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! I'm counting on reading this post some day soon: "What I love about my agent!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the full request--it's always nice to get one of those off a 50 pg submission. :)

    And sorry about the partial rejection, but it's nice when you have a request to offset that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about the full request, Trav. I know how much you hate them.

    ReplyDelete