Thursday, February 17, 2011

OMG: 100-Page Partial Leads to Full Request!

It was such a short e-mail I was sure it was going to say, "Thanks, but in today's market..."

Instead, it said, "I'm really enjoying [the book]... You're a fine writer... So please send the rest."

OMG.  I try not to get too excited about these things.  But, you know, the bad news has been so frequent, and the good news so...non-existent.  And this is a real agent with a reputation in the mystery/thriller genres.

Of course, the cynic in me thinks, the only other time a partial led to a full request was from the Nice Agent Lady, and we all know what happened there.

Still...  "I'm really enjoying...  You're a fine writer..."

11 comments:

  1. That's awesome Trav. Congratulations. Now, do try to temper yourself. I think we all know what could happen to an exceited Travener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge compliment and you should be celebrating! Here's a virtual high five!! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're having a tremendous run & I'm rooting that the luck continues! Go, Trav, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travener! Travener! I'm so excited for you! I can't even imagine what would happen to my eyes if I read words like that in my inbox. Explode? Implode? Fizz like bath salts? No idea.

    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Trav! It only takes one agent...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, dude - live the dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duuuuuude.

    Awesome news. A request coming off a partial is especially sweet.

    Just be sure to stock up on the liquor and pork rinds for your coming in-box vigil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey a full from a partial is the best kind of request - esp the fine writer bit. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Trav!! I know you heart must have started pounding the more you read -- and when the agent got to the "You're a fine writer" portion. I can only imagine. Here's wishing you the best of luck and high sales! Roland

    ReplyDelete