Sunday, February 19, 2012

Da Book's on Nook

You can now get TAINTED SOULS for the Nook directly from Barnes & Noble instead of having to go through Smashwords. For some reason, the B&N site didn't get the cover image, or at any rate it's currently "unavailable." Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

This whole e-publishing thing is a conundrum. For one thing, a lot of e-readers (I mean the humans, not their machines) seem to want free copies. Give your book away free for awhile to gin up the numbers, then put a price on it -- that seems to be a popular model. One wonders where that leaves the future of publishing. Will readers of dead-tree books start expecting free copies, too?

1 comment:

  1. That's good. I know a lot of people who have a Nook rather than a Kindle. I don't think anyone should expect a book for free. I don't care what format it is in. If I was giving away my vegetables and eggs for free, people would place less value on them. Besides the fact that they very soon wouldn't be getting any eggs or vegetables at all. Maybe that's not much of an analogy but you get my point. None of us can reach our potential if we aren't writing full time and nobody can write full time (with few exceptions) without some sort of monetary gain.

    ReplyDelete