Monday, March 19, 2012

I Am Not an Idiot

Having lost the pretentiousness of my youth, and having had so many fits and starts as a writer over the years, I had begun to wonder if I were simply being delusional to think I had any talent as a writer of fiction. So receiving another nice review, this one from Myrica at Goodreads, in which she avers that Tainted Souls is "Intelligent and   entertaining detective fiction, well-plotted with a great array of characters," really makes my day.

No, I am not delusional. I am not an idiot. I can write. And write well. Complete strangers are saying so. It would be nice if more complete strangers were to buy the book -- perhaps it's still delusional of me to think that I might some day make some money at this trade, even a modest amount -- but just knowing that I managed to craft something that is "intelligent and entertaining" gives me a warm feeling.

And no, I don't mean that I spilled soup on myself.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Tainted Souls last night. I agree with intelligent and entertaining." I really enjoyed it!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Be sure to post a review somewhere!

      Delete
  2. Duh. Just figured out that was you at Goodreads, Jen. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete